Welcome to our Family's Bragging Page!

This is a fun place to be if you know us! We love to brag about all the wonderful new things our kids are doing and this is the main bragging location for us! We will also keep you updated on travels, events, birthday's, anniversary's and just fun stories! Enjoy the pictures and videos! They are some of our favorites! Also you can link to family and friends who also have blogs.

Captured Moments

Kara's Trip to the Hospital

On Saturday night, November 21st, Kara split her chin open sliding across the kitchen floor. She was trying to have some fun and got a brand new life experience instead. She took her pillow, put on her mittens (for increased sliding action...the girl was thinkin'), ran full speed and


hurled herself at the kitchen floor. The only thing to stop her momentum was her chin. Realizing how serious it was (we could see the inside of her chin pretty good), we took her to the after hours clinic. She fought them so much when they were trying to clean it (I don't blame her...it hurt!) that they told us we would need to go the emergency room at the hospital so they could put her out to put the stitiches in. So that's what we did. They gave her a shot to put her to sleep, then gave her seven stitiches. Before she was fully coherant they brought her to me (being pregnant and Trevor being young neither of us were allowed to even sit in the waiting room at the hospital due to the Swine Flu). She threw up moments after getting in the car. We all arrived home about midnight totally exhausted. This parenting thing isnt' for whimps!

1 comment:

Janelle said...

I've had stitches on that spot twice. Once was when I was 5 or 6 and split my chin open bobbing up and down in a pool with a brick edge -- I hit the brick. They knocked me out to do the stitches. The second time was one my mission when I fell off my bike. The doctor who stitched me up then told me that the chin is the most stitched up spot on the body -- lots of people apparently have chin-splitting accidents.